Sunday, April 13, 2008

Glamour Girls

I have to say that I am quite pleased with myself. I threw a fun & successful party that produced some fantastic photos. If you want to get a feel for how pleased I am, hold your hand in a semi-fist, huff on your fingernails a little, and then buff them on your shirt while having a s**t-eating grin. Yes people, that pleased. (I would also like to say for the record that "s**t-eating grin" is not really in my vocab but just flew out of my fingers at that moment. It's apt, so I'm keeping it.)

The real reason I have any party is to have a reason to cook extravagant food. Because nothing really is as much fun to me as planning a menu and then executing it to perfection. So I spent the entire weekend baking and chopping and broiling, while having to take into account some of my guests' dietary needs. It was pure joy. Completely relaxing and inducing a zen-like state.

Unfortunately, for this party I was unable to just sit back and enjoy my guests. Since this was a glamor shots party, I had to take pictures of everyone. I didn't have a chance to actually be in the party since I was the party. Don't get me wrong, I loved it, but for our next get-together I will definitely be doing one with less involvement. Um, and I would also say for the record that I am a wee bit sick of editing pictures. I started with 400 and whittled the end product to 60. I really don't want to open photoshop again for a loooooong time.

Regardless, the pictures were a smashing success. And HOLY CRAP, Bekah was smokin! All the girls were gorgeous, but I think she was born with some model gene in her. You can check out the pictures of her and everyone else by clicking on the picture below. Now I just have to figure out what I'm doing for the next party...


No comments: