Saturday, May 3, 2008

Better Seats Than Bill Gates

Sorry friends for taking so long to tell you about the Swell Season concert. I've been busy. And tired. And now sick. As in sneezing, runny nose, sore throat, burning eyes, achey joints, and a fever. My head is about ready to explode, my kidneys are trying to process all of the vitamins & meds I've been taking, and I can't hear out of one ear. My one consolation is that it's raining right now. There is nothing worse than being sick on a nice sunny day. At least with the rain I have an excuse to stay inside on my couch all day, watching the movie that brings me joy every time I feel under the weather: You've Got Mail. I absolutely HAVE to watch it with every cold. The scene where she is sick out of her mind and he comes to bring her daises makes me swoon a little bit each time. Sigh.

Anyway, on to the concert... If you haven't heard of the Swell Season, I urge you to watch the movie Once and fall in love with the music like I did. Then you need to run right out and buy their album. Or see them in concert. They were funny, magical, and brilliant live. All the things you could possibly want from an artist.

After the opening act, we were all standing up and stretching because the chairs at The Moore have got to be the most uncomfortable I have ever sat on. All of a sudden Rachael starts tapping me furiously on the arm. I look around frantically, trying to see what the fuss was. She waits until a man passes by behind us before turning to me and exclaiming that Bill Gates just walked by. Sure enough, it was him and we watched as he had to take the last remaining seats in the very back of the balcony. Our seats sucked, but at least we had the satisfaction of knowing that they were better than the 3rd richest man in the world. Yes, it was a great concert.

P.S. I stole the following pictures from Rachael

Me, Adam, Rachael, Stephen


The Swell Season

No comments: